Use this guide to find out who is responsible for managing phone accounts, how to order phones or devices, and how to audit your department's mobile accounts.
Before ordering a phone or device it is important to consider the following:
- Keep your customer in mind - Prior to ordering ask for device preferences and how it will be used.
- What positions in your department qualify for a mobile device?
- Who will be placing the order?
Important information about City mobile plans:
- Phone calls (to non-Verizon numbers) are expensive
- Phone calls made outside of the City mobile network are charged per minute. Be mindful of using your mobile to call outside lines or make conference calls.
- Do not set up call forwarding from a personal phone number to a work cell phone. You are liable for personal minutes charged to the City.
- Texting is expensive
- The first 100 texts a month are free, after that they are $0.10/text
- Data is unlimited and cheap. Stream away!