Your EAP is here to help with information and resources to cope with stress and anxiety, staying emotionally well, preventing compassion fatigue and more. Magellan has expanded their Telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic allowing for more providers to conduct telehealth video and/or phone sessions for all routine EAP services. Log in to the Magellan website (Employer = City of San Rafael), click Find Care and select “Telehealth” from the “Choose a Provider List” dropdown. Tip sheets, webinars and other new information are also regularly added to their COVID response website.
In addition to the EAP, you can consult with your health care provider for available mental health resources.
- Kaiser Emotional Wellness Center for self-care tips, tools, and guided meditations (most tools are available to everyone, regardless of membership).
- Kaiser Addiction and Recovery webpage
- Help for People Struggling with Drugs/Alcohol
- National Alliance of Mental Illness Guidebook - find answers to questions ranging from how to manage anxiety during this difficult time, to how to access medication while in quarantine, to how to deal with the loss of a loved one to COVID-19.
- Virtual Recovery Resources for Addiction, Substance Abuse - resources that can be used to virtually support recovery from mental/substance use disorders.
- Parenting in a Pandemic Recorded Webcast
- Ted Talk: Three Secrets of Resilient People
- Ted Talk: Grit
- Free Self-care apps for Kaiser members (Care and myStrength)