Don't be fooled by our two-person office. A lot of magic happens in the City Clerk's Office. Here's a list of some of the things we do:
- Administration of local elections
- Local Filing Officer and Filing Official duties under the Political Reform Act
- Custodian of the City's records
- Manage the City Council's legislative agenda and documents
- Record and maintain proceedings of Council meetings, minutes, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, etc.
- Posting and publication of legal notices and documents
- Receive claims, summons, appeals and suits related to city government
- Maintenance of the municipal code
- Maintain custody of the City Seal
- Administer Oath of Office
Open Government Resources
Here are some helpful resources relating to open government (source: League of California Cities).