The Fun Committee is a working group focused building bonds across the City through special events, storytelling, and celebrating the awesome accomplishments of our teams.
Events | How do we build connection and relationships across the City with events that bring us together?
- Volunteers work with Departments to host “Let’s _____ Together” events.
- Designate Department’s to host and organize events.
- Assist in communication from the Committee to all staff promoting events
- Provide budget information
- Track which departments have/have not hosted an event
- Be available to answer questions and offer information
Storytelling | How to we tell the story of accomplishments across the City and TSR culture?
- Film and create short clips of ‘Let’s ____ Together’ events
- Collaborate with DEIB Committee to highlight their work
- Collaborate with Recognition to highlight employee’s wins
Recognition | How do we celebrate our successes and recognize achievements?
- Select an employee to be highlighted for a recent victory to celebrate the wins on our teams, outside of the employee of the quarter
- Conduct a City-wide survey to determine how employees prefer to be appreciated
How long is the commitment?
- 1-2 years; ideally 2 years and then people would rotate out an annual basis.
- Not required to make a 2-year commitment.
How much of a time commitment is it by month?
- Committee to meet as a whole group every other month.
- Between 4-8 hours every other month depending upon the level of special projects the participant is interested and available to work on at any given time.