According to available data, 64% of San Rafael residents speak only English at home and 36% of residents speak a language other than English. Of the non-English-speaking group, roughly 25% speak Spanish at home. With a population of nearly 59,000 that equates to 14,750 people in San Rafael that the City is not actively engaging.
Content longer than a few sentences needs to be translated. Why? It builds trust with our residents!
- If you want your translations to look professional, choose a professional translator.
- Expressions and words often have more than one meaning, if our customers notice that our content sounds awkward in their language, they will lose confidence in us.
- Professional agencies have workflow systems and protocols in place to ensure a consistent process for translating your content. These protocols make sure the style and tone of the communication are maintained over time and across languages.
How I request translation support from Alboum?
- Send Alboum an email with the content you want translated and a deadline for when you need the translated material back.
- Alboum will promptly respond with a quote.
- Review the quote. Once you approve the quote, the Alboum team will get to work!
What can we translate in-house?
If you have a flyer, a graphic, or content that is a few sentences or less, there are city staff who are here to help! Contact:
If none of these team members are available, Elan Language has a free translation tool when you're in a pinch!