This website is for City employees.     |     COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) for Staff Resources

Using Trakit

What should be inputted into Trakit?

  1. All encroachment permits
  2. All major City projects in the Right-of-Way (that would ordinarily require an encroachment permit)

Why require an encroachment permit for City projects? This is so that this construction work shows up in our system . When the front office gets calls about projects, they check Buildingeye (see below). If it's a City project, and it's not entered in Buildingeye, it will be very difficult to track down who in DPW's project it is or if it's a private contractor working without a permit. Therefore, City projects should be entered into Buildingeye once construction starts. Of course there is no fee for an encroachment permit entered for a City project.

Visit public website for more info on Encroachment Permits

Buildingeye Map

Did you know that all the permits entered into Trakit are refreshed nightly on our Buildingeye map?

Close window