Welcome to our health topic for November- Diabetes Prevention.
You can find more resources at our Choose Better site
The November challenge is “Hard Times”. The Hard Times challenges invites you to donate non-perishable food to a charity. You could complete this challenge by donating a can of soup, but why not make it more than that? Giving touches not only the person receiving but will also warm your heart in a miraculous way. When selecting the items to donate, think about what you would want if someone was gifting you with a bag of groceries. Not sure where to donate? There are food banks, schools, and charitable organizations. So whether you are looking in your pantry or pick up a few extra items at the grocery store….we challenge you to just give during the month of November.
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity