Welcome to our health topic for November — diabetes prevention. This month is all about balanced living and healthy lifestyle changes you can make to avoid, control, or even reverse type 2 diabetes.
The November challenge is “100 Thanks”. The 100 Thanks challenges invites you to say Thank you 100 times during the month! It is only about 3 times a day! The goal is of this challenge is to train your mind to look for things that you are thankful for! As you begin to regularly thank people your mindset will change. Every time you interact with others you have the ability to express appreciation. Showing gratitude strengthens relationships, helps us make new friends and improves both our mental and physical health. Seize the moment….you can thank people verbally or written….it all counts! (By the way….Thank you for giving this challenge a try!!)
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity