On March 29, the Department of Digital Service and Open Government held their monthly all-hands meeting.
- The Tech Support Team is working to evaluate how knowledge base articles relate to staff self-service. Please familiarize yourself with these and reference them when you respond to tickets.
- Thanks for helping to declutter Room 207 earlier this month! We are working on getting desk organizers for everyone and hopefully some fresh paint soon.
- Remember that every interaction is an opportunity to help staff in other departments better understand how our new department is different than IT. Refer to the department as “Digital” and use the City’s branding guidelines when creating flyers and other communications.
- The recruitment for our new analyst ends today. So far, we have 30 applicants. First round interviews will take place on April 9.
- The management team has developed a draft strategic plan. The plan is organized around three key elements: operational efficiency, service and engagement, and technology infrastructure. Each element includes goals and strategic objectives. The team broke up into small groups and worked on identifying projects for a subset of these goals, including transparency, security, technical support, network, and connectivity.