On August 27, the Department of Digital Service and Open Government held their monthly all-hands meeting.
- The Digital Team got together to put our action items from our department offsite, into action!
- We kicked things off by brainstorming to create a Team Agreement – guidelines developed by the teams as to how they should work together to create a positive, productive process.
- The team conjured up what what conditions we work best under as individuals so that we can be the most productive at work. Some hot items included: having a clear understanding of tasks and deliverables, music, less distractions, and never going hungry – obviously.
- These ideas helped us collaborate on which objectives are most important to us in forming our new team agreement.
- Deep Work was introduced and discussed by Sean Mooney. Deep work refers to “cognitive depth” – our ability to work in a state of deep concentration and focus for a long period of time, without distraction or interruption. Biggest takeaways:
- Set “Do Not Disturb” on your email.
- Block out time on your calendar.
- Solidify a signal so your team knows when to not disrupt your work.