Welcome to our health topic for September- Flu Prevention.
You can find more resources at our Choose Better site
The September challenge is “Soup Kitchen”. The Soup Kitchen challenges invites you to make one soup a week. Generally speaking homemade soup is healthy because it contains nutritious vegetables and beans, which are sometimes hard to work into your diet. The broth helps fill your stomach, reducing the chance of overeating. Making a batch of soup on the weekend will help you save time during the week. You can also freeze soup in small containers and eat later during the month. Be aware that not all soups are good for you or your waist band. Try and stay away from cream soups or soups with high sodium. Be creative, share recipes, or a bowl with a friend or co-worker!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity