Welcome to our health topic for October — women’s health. This month’s focus is on helping your female employees find simple ways to live a little healthier — and we hope your male employees will share them with the women in their lives, too.
The October challenge is Night Out! – This challenge encourages you to go out with friends, coworkers or family at least 4 times during the month. That’s only one time a week over the next 4 weeks! Technically you do not have to go out….you can have a night in too! Just make it fun and something out of the ordinary. Socializing and relaxing can have tremendous health benefits. For even greater benefits, be sure to plan ahead!
Relationships are what make life rich and satisfying, the more we invest in them the greater the return. Studies show that people who enjoy long-term friendships are happier and feel more balanced. So plan a night out, night in, happy hour after work and help your relationships grow!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity