IT is pleased to announce we are migrating to a new and improved help desk ticketing software, called Zendesk, on April 12. The new software has many features (ticketing, knowledgebase, and performance tracking) that will help IT meet its goals of improving efficiency and communication.
- Zendesk ticketing software (login info below)
- Easily create tickets via web browser
- Receive automated emails on ticket opening, assignment, and closing
- Access real-time ticket status via web browser
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Help IT track performance on response time standards
- Knowledgebase documentation
- Search and access details on common issues and self-help topics
- Check back as IT will continue to add new articles over time
- Suggest new articles to be added to the library
- Service Level Agreement (DRAFT)
- A contract between staff and IT on how to best work together
- Definitions for prioritization categories
- IT response time goals for each category
- Standards for communicating ticket status and activity
- Guidance for staff interactions with IT
What does City staff need to know?
The new preferred method to submit tickets and to check status is…
- Login with your Office 365 credentials
- Username@cityofsanrafael.org or email@example.com
- Regular network password
IT will continue to accept tickets via email and phone for the time being
- Phone service will be phased out except for simple questions (during office hours) and Urgent requests (24×7)
- Email service will be slowly phased out for new tickets
Standard communication and response times…
- IT response time – How soon a technician will begin communicating with the ticket requester.
- IT resolution time – After beginning troubleshooting, how soon IT will attempt to resolve a ticket or have a work-around in place.
- Status updates – How often IT will provide updates on the status of troubleshooting efforts and timing toward resolution.
IT’s goal is to beat these times…
|Response||2 business days||4 business hours||1 hour (24/7)|
|Resolution||3 business days||8 business hours||4 hours (24/7)|
|Status Updates||Once per week||Once per day||Ongoing|
Some standard lead times for popular tasks…
- New employee setup – 1 business week
- New desktop or mobile phone – 1 business week
- New computer order and installation – 2 business weeks
- New installation of standard software – 3 business days
- Review of specifications for proposed new system – 2 business weeks
- Review of contract for approved new system – 2 business weeks