Welcome to our health topic for May — Mental Health.
You can find more resources at our Choose Better site.
The May challenge is “Flower Power”. The Flower Power challenges invites you to beautify your surroundings by keeping fresh flowers at home of work. You’ll need to replace them each week with new flowers so ideally start at the beginning of the work week. You will feel the energy and peace that nature brings. This is a great way to engage co-workers to participate. Take a walk to the farmers market and share a bunch of flowers….it share the challenge and spreads the cost of purchasing flowers each week. Flowers can actually boost your mood, reduce stress and improve concentration. They can also combat depression and anxiety. So stop and smell the flowers during this months challenge!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity