Welcome to our health topic for May — Mental Health & Wellness. This month’s focus is on the importance of taking care of the mind as well as the body. See below for simple things you can do to stay mentally and emotionally strong.
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity
The May challenge is Naturally Sweet – eat fruit for dessert! The Naturally Sweet challenge invites you to eat fruit for dessert for the next 30 days. That’s right no sugary high calorie desserts for one month. Although fruit does contain sugar it has much less by volume than sugary treats plus it is full of vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and water – all good things your body needs! May is also the start of the Farmer Market season so take a walk and see what is in season and instead of grabbing a cookie or candy – grab a piece of fruit instead!