Welcome to our health topic for May — mental health and wellness. This month’s focus is on the importance of taking care of the mind as well as the body — with simple things you can do to stay mentally and emotionally strong.
The May challenge is “Spending time with your furry friends”. This month we encourage you to get outdoors with your pet at least 3 times per week for 10 minutes per time! Take your dog, cat or lizard to the park, around the block or just out in the backyard! Getting fresh air and exercise is not only good for you but healthy for your pet! Our pets are a great way to relieve stress and love unconditionally. Getting outdoors is good for your mind and you and your pets body! It can help you avoid weight gain, get vitamin D and maybe make a new friend or two! So get the leash, pet carrier or stroller and get moving!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity
Keep an eye out for the next installment, and we hope you have a happy, healthy May!