Welcome to our health topic for March — nutrition. This month, we have some great tips that make healthy eating both easy and tasty. Visit kp.org/foodforhealth to find nutritious and delicious recipes.
The March challenge is “Lights Out”. This month we encourage you to go to bed at the same time each week night (give or take 30 minutes). We all love the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Setting a consistent bedtime can help you sleep better. Also, setting a specific time to get up (ideally 7-9 hours later) you will ensure you are getting plenty of rest. Keeping a consistent bedtime may be difficult but will be worth it in the end.
Getting enough sleep allows the heart and mind to rejuvenate. Best of all, being fully rested helps you feel better and be your best you!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity