Welcome to our health topic for March — nutrition wellness.
This month, we focus on simple things you can do to encourage nutrition wellness. You can find more resources at our Choose Better site
The March challenge is “Meal Plan”. The Meal Plan challenges invites you to plan your meals 3 days a week during the next 4 weeks. Ideally you should plan your meals the week before and buy just the groceries you need to prepare these meals. You can go out to eat (or order take-out) as long as it is part of the plan. This will make you more successful and help save money on your grocery bill, save time, waste less and eat better. With meal planning you are more likely to cook your own food, which is usually healthier than prepared food. Make it fun, use a calendar, get others involved to help avoid the stress of trying to figure out what you are going to eat!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity