Welcome to our health topic for June — Men’s Health.
You can find more resources at our Choose Better site.
The June challenge is “Tree Hugger”. The Tree Hugger challenges invites you to enjoy nature 300 minutes over the next 30 days. That’s only 10 minutes a day! Choose something you enjoy doing; go outside, eat lunch in a park, go fishing, boating, camping, enjoy a local farmers market. Nothing is off limits as long as you get out and breathe the fresh air. Being with nature is therapeutic, it reduces stress and improves mental health and mindfulness. Reconnecting with nature can help us reconnect with ourselves.
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity