Happy new year, and welcome to the first monthly health topic for 2020 — fitness.
The January challenge is “Great Start”. The Great Start challenges invites you to begin your day with success – making your bed – 15 out of the next 31 days. There’s no need to go crazy…just fluff your pillows, pull up your sheets and covers and tuck in any loose ends. This can take less than a minute! Making your bed in the morning established a pattern of productivity and order that will transcend into other parts of your life. Even though making your bed can seem pointless the impact to your life can be powerful and positive! Give yourself the gift of success each day!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity