On January 14, the Department of Digital Service and Open Government held their monthly all-hands meeting.
Christine talked about a new project we are working with to develop a dashboard that aggregates anonymized public comments and sentiments about issues in facing the community. We will be working with a company called ZenCity and are going to get starting by looking at the top issues identified in the biannual resident satisfaction survey: housing, homelessness, and traffic.
Christine gave a quick tutorial on how to use CPConnect to manage requests for non-tech support assistance from departments.
Rebecca discussed expectations related to how the department uses Trello to manage and communicate our various projects and initiatives, including interacting it daily to manage tasks and deadlines, and ensuring all boxes are checked before anything goes into Done.
As a team we discussed the progress we’ve made on our 19/20 goals and brainstormed ideas for our 20/21 goals. Here’s a summary of where we are at with the 19/20 goals:
- Digital inclusion: in progress; hosted mini-strategic planning session with community partners
- Climate Action Plan website: complete
- Financial data transparency: in progress; prototyping 3 visualization tools
- Latinx engagement: in progress; Learning Lab team working on this
- Disaster recovery Phase 1+2: complete
- Admin technology systems: in progress; working to identify a vendor to support O365 adoption and business process work and Learning Lab team working on paperless forms and electronic signatures
- Performance measurement: not started
- Digital permit guide: in progress; assisted Community Development with identifying a third-party partner for this project
For 20/21 brainstorm, some initial ideas are to look into replacing the City’s CRM tool, upgrading the City’s GIS system, continuing efforts around O365 adoption, upgrading conference room AV systems, and more. We’re looking forward to it all 🙂