Welcome to our health topic for December — mind-body wellness. This month is all about reminding you to take time for self-care, with simple ideas to help you lift your mood, beat stress, and enjoy life more.
The December challenge is “UnBirthday”. The UnBirthday challenges invites you to give a gift to five different people during the month of December. Gifts for birthdays or holidays do not count. This way the recipient will know it is from the heart not a sense of obligation. The gift does not have to be expensive….it it truly the thought that counts! Some ideas could be bringing the person their favorite bakery item, give them a new coffee cup, funny post it notes, a candy bar, something you’ve made….the list goes on and on! Gift giving is a mental exercise of looking beyond yourself to focus solely on someone’s else’s wants, needs or wishes…then acting upon what you discover. You will develop empathy and selflessness during this challenge….it’s a win – win so get gifting!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity