Welcome to our health topic for December- Diabetes Prevention.
You can find more resources at our Choose Better site
The December challenge is “Keep Warm”. The Keep Warm challenges invites you to donate a new or used coat to someone in need. The coat can be any style or size. You can give the coat to someone you know, a homeless shelter or thrift store. Giving is a great way to shift the focus from yourself to others, resulting in greater personal happiness. People who are generally happier are in overall better health. Invite co-workers to join you too. While you are at it consider donating other items you are no longer using too!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity