The City will provide employees with emergency paid sick leave in the following six coronavirus-related situations, which the new law defines as:
1. The employee is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19; • Please note: If you are able to telework under these conditions, you will not be eligible for the emergency paid sick leave.
2. The employee has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19;
3. The employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a medical diagnosis;
4. The employee is caring for an individual who is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19 or has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19; • Please note: The individual must be someone you have a personal relationship with where there would be an expectation of care (e.g., parent or immediate family member, or roommate).
5. The employee is caring for the employee’s child because the child’s school or place of care has been closed or the childcare provider is unavailable due to COVID19 precautions • Please note that intermittent use of the emergency paid sick leave is allowed in this circumstance, so long as it is taken in full day increments. For more information, see question #15 below.
6. The employee is experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury and the Secretary of Labor. The Human Resources department will be updating this detail as more regulatory guidance becomes available.