When you schedule a meeting in O365 Calendar, you can make it a conference call and/or video meeting by making it a “Teams” meeting. This will provide meeting participants with a link and/or a phone number to join the meeting remotely. Here are step-by-step instructions. Everyone has the ability to create a Teams meeting, but only some users have the ability to create a meeting with a phone number. If you think you need this function, talk to your supervisor.
Teams video meetings work best on your phone or computer if you download the application, but meeting participants don’t need it. If someone doesn’t have the Teams application, they can still participate by phone by dialing the number in the meeting invite or by opening the link in a web browser. You can invite anonymous people to a video meeting by sending them a link to the Teams meeting. They can join without the application through a web browser. More information about joining a Teams meeting
- Download the desktop app for full functionality and features.
- Doing this for the first time? Practice scheduling and participating in a video call with a colleague. Invite them for a virtual coffee tomorrow and see how this whole thing works.
- Don’t use Teams when on VPN or Remote Desktop; your camera and microphone won’t work.
- Mute yourself when you’re not talking and there are a lot of people on a video call. Use non-verbal cues like thumbs up or raising your hand if you have a question.
- If using a computer, you’ll need a device with a camera and a microphone.
- Use video whenever it’s possible. It helps you connect and reminds us that we’re humans! But, if you are having bandwidth or connection issues, turning off your video during the call will help.