Activating and Loading Applications
- After the phone has been received, follow the following instructions to activate the phone
- If the phone is a replacement phone you will want to make sure that the original phone has been backed up.
- iPhones can be backed up through the iCloud or iTunes. Click here to learn more about backing up iPhones.
- For Samsung devices click here to learn how to backup data.
- Once the old phone has been backed up, power it down before activating the new phone.
- Once the phone has been activated, you can instruct the user on loading applications.
- Outlook is the preferred application for checking email
- OneDrive, Word, and Excel should be loaded for ease of access to files and documents.
- Once the new phone has been activated, return the old device to the IT Department. They will remove all personal data from the phone.