Welcome to our health topic for April — stress management.
The April challenge is “Unplug to Recharge”. This month we encourage you to sleep with your cell phone in another room! Your bedroom is an excellent place for you to recharge, but it is not the best place for you to charge your phone! If you use your phone for an alarm clock, find an “old school” alarm clock for the month. If you are worried about missing an emergency call, just put your volume on high so you can hear it. If you use it to play games before going to bed, try reading a book instead or journaling. By moving your phone it will allow you not be tempted to check your phone, hear it vibrating or if it lights up. So try it and see how you feel…who knows you might even get some much needed uninterrupted sleep and make a new habit!
Building habits is easy….
1) Believe it…Pick a habit that you are excited about
2) Shrink it…Break down the habit into something you can achieve
3) Trigger it…Choose a trigger for the habit, ideally something that already happens
4) Prepare for it…Get the tools needed and prepare your environment for success
5) Track it…Write down each time you do the habit so you can see progress
6) Be it…make the habit part of your identity